When diagnosed with a tumour of the head or neck, radiotherapy is often recommended (post-operatively, or as a stand-alone option).
But proton therapy gives new hope for patients.
What proton therapy can be used for
Head and neck tumours including:
- Paranasal sinus cancer
- Salivary gland cancer
- Cancer of the Nasopharynx
- Tonsil Cancer
It offers a very real possibility of providing a high quality of life for patients.
Proton therapy offers minimal damage to healthy tissue, making it possible to destroy the cancer and be side-effect free.
Proton therapy preserves:
- Brain & spinal cord
- Salivary glands
- Speech & swallowing functions
Benefits of proton therapy:
- Higher chance of curing head and neck tumours
- Successful without damaging sensitive structures
- Reduced treatment times
- Reduced risk of common problems such as swallowing and digestion issues