There are many forms of treatment, with different side effects and overall effectiveness. Proton therapy uses millimetre accuracy to pinpoint the tumour and cancer cells at half the speed of light. This carries more radiation to the cancer cells to destroy them quickly whilst releasing less radiation to the surrounding healthy tissue.
Head, Neck and Orofacial
Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
- All treatments and examinations are usually performed on an outpatient basis
- Hospitalization for children is typically required and provided by our partner University Hospital in Motol
- For patients requiring chemotherapy in addition to proton therapy, the PTC has dedicated rooms for chemotherapy treatment and competent medical staff.
- Metal/ceramic parts in the body may be a contraindication for proton therapy
- Pacemaker is a contraindication for proton therapy